Saturday, July 11, 2009

Daddy is home...and now he is gone


Wow! What a wonderful week. I'm so sad that it's all over. It went by way too fast. Josh has been and always will be the only person that make me feel so relaxed and care free. I love him so much and can't wait for this next month and a half to pass. I hope it goes by fast. Aivan remember daddy :) When Josh is gone I always show pictures and play a video and a voice recording for Aivan. And it works. He's never scared of him. And instantly bonds with him when he sees him. He doesn't do that for anyone else. It's such a beautiful thing to see them together. Melts my heart. I can't believe how much Aivan learned to do while Josh was here. It's almost like he was showing off. Daddy look what I can do. :) He shakes his head "No,no, no" He said Mama. He is a full time sippy cup drinker. He is eating toast for breakfast. He can pull himself up on the couch. he scoots. Now that he is pretty mobile...I can't leave him alone for long at all. He reaches for people that he wants to hold him and turns away when he doesn't want them to hold him. I seriously can't believe it. My baby book was open this whole time because every day I had to mark something else down. Josh was so proud. At first he didn't believe me that these were new things bc Aivan would do them so easily. And then I would freak out and be like omg big boy!!!! and clap. everytime he did something new I would get all teary eyed. I'm one proud mama. We went out on a date. That was a blast!! Saw the hangover. I laughed so hard. We made out like teenagers :) We went to a dbacks game. But we were only there for the 1st inning because my friend Katie's son Gunnar got hit in the head with a home run ball hit by Justin Upton. That was a pretty crazy night. But he is doing AWESOME. Such a strong little boy. And we spent time with our families. Just so much fun. Today was hard. Last night we stayed up all night just talking and drinking. Not wanting it all to end. And we kept telling eachother that it won't be hard to say goodbye bc it's for a short time this time. But once we got to the airport, both our tears started flowing. And then I came home and he left me a note on the bath room mirror, so then I started crying again. And then a secret message that popped up on my phone. I love that man so much. It's just crazy how happy he makes me. Well, here are the pics from his trip here...I can't post them all there are far too many but I will post my faves :)




























































2 comments:

  1. my fave is aivan sleeping on daddy's chest! so cute. sounds like you guys had a great week. and 6 weeks will FLY by, for sure. sooooo, did he like the new hair? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh he loved the new hair. he kept telling me how hot he though i was...he's very complimentary :)

    ReplyDelete